Friday, January 9, 2009

My Little Girl is Two!

On January 3rd my little girl turned 2 years old! It's hard to believe how much she has changed over those two years. It feels like just yesterday when I welcomed my baby girl into the world, yet it also feels as if she's been a part of my life forever.

Kristen Elsie at 1 day old

Kristen has recently become obsessed with Elmo. I'm not sure where this came from because we very rarely watch Sesame Street, but there was no denying her love of him. Because of this I decided to go with an Elmo theme for her party. It was a wonderful celebration for a very special girl.


The cake. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
Kristen Elsie on her second birthday, dancing away!
Kristen with her Grandpa Tobin
Mike, Robin (Kristen's grandma), and Pete (Kristen's uncle) getting the plates down for the party. This picture amuses me because my MIL is holding all the booze. The real story is the alcohol was in the way of the plates so she was just being helpful.
Kristen opening her presents
This princess tea set was a huge hit.
She got this drum from her Grandma Robin and Grandpa Dave. Dave made it for her and she absolutely loves it.
Some of the kids admiring Elmo Live.
One of our guests got a little over-excited about the Elmo cake and couldn't contain himself. Elmo has a bit of a scar on his left cheek as a result. Kristen didn't notice and was so excited to see her cake.
Here are Kristen and her cousins and friends enjoying their cake and ice cream.
Timmy fell asleep in his daddy's arms for a large portion of the party.
Kristen with her cousins Mary and Sarah playing with her new tea set.
Mary and Kristen playing with her new drum.
Timmy finally woke up and is enjoying some grandma time.

No comments: